Featured posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday 28 December 2013

How to Contour, Highlight and Blush!


So this post is pretty much self explanatory! This post will help you to apply highlight, blush, and bronzer. You will need a contour brush, and powder brush, and a highlighter, bronzer and blusher.

I am using the Real Techniques powder brush, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, the MAC '168' Brush, Hoola Bronzer, Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Soft and Gentle' and Mac Blush in 'Harmony' 

1. First I apply primer, this helps to even your complexion, and keep your make up as fresh as possible, I normally go with Benefit's Porefessional or Smashbox's Photo finish primer, but any primer which works if fine.

2. So to begin with I contour. This will emphasise your cheekbones. Make sure you choose a colour best suited for you, so not to dark, a light colour is best as you can build up easily, and gives you more of a choice depending on the occasion. To apply this using my 'Real Techniques expert face brush' as it is a great shape for my small face. I suck in my cheekbones so I can easily find where they are situated, and using my contou
r brush I start from the highest point of my cheek near my ear and work downwards. I then use my powder brush to blend in so the contour isn't to harsh. I then apply a tiny bit of bronzer on my temple close to my hairline, and the bottom of my neck, and any where else the sun may bronze me up! Depending on the occasion I may repeat if I want a bit more, or may blend further if I want a slightly more natural look.

3. The next step is to now apply the highlight; I apply this using the same 'MAC 168' and I start on top of the check bones so very slightly above the bronzer. I do this in circular motions, again I use the 'Real Techniques Powder Brush' to blend it in. I also like to highlight my brow bone which is just below the eyebrow, and down the centre of my nose. You can also highlight between your brows, on your cupids bow and the centre of your chin, or any where else you may like a highlighted glow!


4. The final step is the blusher. I think this is the hardest part as if it goes wrong you have to start all over again, it is also hard to pinpoint the part of your cheeks which blushes. Try going for a slightly more natural colour if your just starting over, and experiment when you feel more confident. I don't always apply blusher, as I normally have a natural pink glow on my cheeks anyway. I apply the blush on the apples of my cheeks. This may mean you'll need to do a really big cheesy grin in the mirror to apply. I use my 'Real Techniques Expert Face Brush' and tap of the excess and then blend in circular motions, depending on my mood I may choose to build up the colour or blend it in further.

That is all it is too it! If your first trying off with the seperate techniques, it is best to practise a few times until you feel confident to combine all three skills, and experiment with your look which best suits you! I hope this helped! If your still confused about where to apply, then look online at images there are lots of great diagrams! (I can't put them on here due to copyright)

Love Daisy
x
 
Please follow my blog! 
Instagram - @daisybutterworth
Email - daisysianbutterworth@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment