Featured posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 10 July 2015

The Two Lightweight Foundations for Summer!


Summer is a season of sunkissed, dewy skin and lightweight formulas and these two fit the match perfectly. So since, the UK is reaching unbeliably summer temperature highs I thought that I would speak of the two foundations that are making an appearance in my make up routine.

The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (4) is the newest addition to my ever growing collection. It's the most natural and versatile foundations I've tried. Its offers medium coverage that is easily buildable and easily sheered out. It applies so beautifully and is completely undetectable on the skin. It takes slightly longer to blend out due to the formula but nothing that a beauty blender or flat top kabuki cant take care off. It leaves a radiant satin texture on the skin, that feels silky soft. You can build up in areas where you want fuller coverage and completely sheer it out where you want little to no foundation. You cannot feel this at all despite its high coverage. Where as the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (10 Beige) has a far more liquid consistency and needs to be shaken well before use. It is far quicker to apply and offers light to medium coverage. It is easily blendable and feels completely weightless, and once again completely undectable - but is slightly more invisible than the Giorgio Foundation. It is strongly scented but not so that it causes irritation to the skin. Neither of which have caused breakouts or irritation to my skin, and both last throughout a 10 hour day, sweatproof and oil proof. These are my absolute favourite foundations, for days where I want to go more natrual and dewy I go for the CHANEL option and on days where I want a higher coverage with a satin finish I'll go for the Giorgio Armani option. Sadly, both of them are prett expensive but both only require a very small amount and have lasted me ages and provide such beautiful finishes and flawless skin that I feel like they are both worth the hefty price tag! 

I'd love to hear about your reccomdations for summer foundations/bases in the comments below! And I'd love to hear your suggestions and post requests! By the way my two friends are getting really close to hitting 1000 subscribers and I'd love if you guys could head over and subscribe to their wonderful beauty channel here.

11 comments:

  1. This is a really great post Daisy! I haven't tried either of these foundations but I've only ever heard good things about the Chanel one! Great post lovey x

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thats so sweet! The chanel foundation is really gorgeous, definitely recommend it if its in your price bracket! xx

      Delete
  2. These foundations sound perfect for Summer and well worth the splurge. I'll be sure to check out your friends' beauty channel!

    NJCDesigns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They most definitely are! Thank you that means so much, that you'd take the time to do so! xx

      Delete
  3. Both of these foundations sound amazing! I love your photos! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are amazing! Thank you, thats so kind! So glad you like them! xx

      Delete
  4. i've wanted to try both of these for a while, thanks for sharing!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are worth the splurge, and a firm recommendation from me! Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  5. These two foundations sound lovely!

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I love them to bits! x
      www.daisysteenbeautyblog.blogspot.com

      Delete