Featured posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday 14 March 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Review




Ever since the Hourglass Lighting Powders launched last year, there's been a huge hype that has yet to die down. There seemed a point when I couldn't even watch a youtube video or read a blog post without a mention of one of the infamous powders. Prior to youtube or even blogs - hourglass was a brand that I had not even heard of, and now I find that most of their products enter my online basket without a second thought, so it seemed inevitable that when I was in the Libertys Beauty Hall I bit the bullet and purchased one. Now.. I want them all.

The lady at the Hourglass counter was so lovely (I wish I could say the same about the Laura Mercier counter...) and I told her that I couldn't decide between Dim Light and Diffused Light. She recommended Diffused Light saying it would suit my skin tone better and I always trust the make up counters advice so pretty much paid and ran all the way home in excitement. She tested it on my skin and although I didn't notice any difference I purchased it all the same. She also added a dash of one of their equally as famous blushes whilst I cringed! (You red-faced girls understand my problem with blushes), but to my sheer amazement it looked lovely and almost counteracted my redness entirely so thats now ended up on my next to buy list! So back to the powders.. Each of the different shades mimic the most flattering of lights each tailoring to certain skin problem such as redness, pores and discolouration.

They retail at £38 which made me grimace at the till after using a similar product (Nars Light Reflecting Powder) and hating it, but after hearing so many rant and rave I knew I had to try it and see for myself what the fuss was about! The first time I applied this, I didn't notice any difference and felt so disappointed, however as the day went on by I noticed that my makeup looked almost identical to when I had first applied it which meant that it had already reached holy grail status in my mind. After that I noticed my skin looked good, really good - almost flawless looking! My pores were visibly smaller and my complexion looked bright and radiant. But the thing that really pushed me over the edge was the fact that my redness was barely visible. It was about 5pm and I had been wearing my makeup for eleven hours - normally by 12pm I need to do touch ups to conceal the redness but I could not believe that at 5pm my redness was barely visible. This is now one of my holy grail products that I reach for every single day without fail! It gives my skin a subtle radiant glow, blurs impurities and pores and controls redness for a number of hours. I really recommend this product - I use it as a setting powder and dust it all across my face (avoiding my nose, as nobody wants a glow-y nose!) using a Zoeva Contour Brush.

I cannot recommend this product enough - the packaging is so sleek and beautiful and comes with a mirror that (finally!) does not fog up with powder. The powder itself makes your skin look beyond beautiful and glowy! Next up on my list is Mood Light and Dim Light and of course their beautiful blushes! If you would like to purchase one of these then you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment